Katy Perry already made the Music Monday list once before but she’s back again with one of her latest tracks off her new album “Prism”. I can’t wait for this to come out tomorrow.
What better day to show up on my blog than a Friday? Here’s five things you’ve missed:
1. The Studio, the restaurant my fiancé has been working tirelessly to open for the past six months finally opened it’s doors for a soft opening. The soft opening lasted four crazy (but fun) days before it shut it’s doors again to the public till it’s official opening next May. I helped create the new logo, invitations and menus. Over the winter I’ll continue to help Greg by creating everything the restaurant will need to open next year. It was great to see the great work he did and share the excitement with the Gloucester locals. Thanks to all our friend who made it out to see it!
2. You guys remember Annmarie of Simply Swift who always helps me get some great photos for my “What I Wore” posts right? Well she’s officially starting her own photography business called Annmarie Swift Photography. I helped her with her logo, business cards and a few other fun things that I’ll wait for her to share with you. I’m so excited to see everything come together for her – It’s well deserved!
3. What? Another logo? Yes. This one I made for my friend Emily of The Butterfly Mosaic. Her husband approached me because he knew she wanted to start her own terrarium making business so he finalized all the details for her and presented it with the logo on her birthday! What a sweet surprise. I’m so excited to see Em’s terrariums (Just like the name. Get it?). I’ve already put in a request!
4. I also started to get back on the “Wedding Planning” train. I’m getting married to Greg in less than a year so it’s time to start thinking about what I want and what I need to do. Four of my bridesmaids and I (yes, I have seven) went to look at bridesmaid dresses to see what I did and didn’t like. The picture above captures my exact facial expression when there was something I didn’t like, haha. But I did narrow down all my options to two favorites. Now I just need to pull the trigger and keep making more wedding decisions!
5. Last week there was a bit of a health scare with my Mom. She wasn’t feeling well for awhile and then it got to point where she went to the ER and they said that she had to have open heart surgery as soon as possible. I stayed with her until her operation and over a week later she’s doing really well. The picture on the left was from before surgery and the picture on the right was taken a few days ago. We just found out that she’s ready to go home tomorrow and I’m so excited! She’s still has a long recovery but I’m so happy the worst is over and she’s getting better. I love my Mamma!
All in all I’ve been busy but happy. I’m surrounded by people who love me and I’m staying positive.
Happy Friday friends!
XO, Billie Denise
If you haven’t already, hop over to Pinterest and take a peek at what i’m pinning lately. My wardrobe has officially made the transition from Summer to Fall and like every time this year I need some help getting back into the swing of things. Rediscovering old sweaters, finding my worn boots, I have to re-learn how all of these pieces fit together (and what new things I can add to my collection!) My Style File for “Fall/Winter” is always a helpful place to find cool weather inspiration. Check out some of my favorite styles!
1. I have tendency to let black rule my wardrobe this time of year. I have to remind myself that color doesn’t need to hibernate during the winter months. Hello, red blazer! I love the double layering of the polka dots and the perfect year round nude pumps.
2. Oooh, OLIVE! Great for scarves, pants, jackets, nail polish & more – It’s one of my favorite Fall colors. Heeled boots make this a more polished look and I love the look of her suede crossbody bag.
3. For me this is the classic fall outfit: Black leather jacket paired with a feminine bag, stripes (of course!) and leopard flats. It’s such an easy & effortlessly cool look. *applause*
1. Floor length cardigans. So luxurious and cozy. Make sure to dress up the rest of your outfit if you try this style, flats and tights might make this look more like sleepwear than Fall wear.
2. I struggle with vests. For me they’re hard to style. This look however looks casual and cozy. Also, I’m in love with the idea of burgundy booties. I think i may need to find my own pair this season.
3. Fall hats are an easy way to make a casual look become more trendy. Brown suede booties are a must-have for every closet and cozy cardigans are always welcome.
1. Light neutrals make this look sweet, soft and feminine. I love how she roughed up her delicate white lace dress with brown lace up boots. Love.
2. Wear your summer maxis all year round with big scarves, floppy hats and perhaps a pair of leggings underneath. Love this cold weather look.
3. Gray denim can transition easily from Summer to Fall. I am always a fan of a cuffed leg and layering a button-up under a pullover sweater is always a classic Fall style.
Till next time!
XO, Billie Denise
I’ve loved Fiona Apple for a long time. Given my past “Music Monday” posts you might be lead to believe that I’m on a strict girly pop diet. Cliché as it sounds I like all kinds of music. There are a few genres I shy away from but I’ll give anything a try. Fiona has such a wonderful vocal style and her song writing is some of the best around. I still have my old high school notebooks with lyrics doodled in them. This song is one of my favorites of hers. If you don’t know it give it a listen. Fun fact: It was also featured during the baking scene on the Bridesmaids movie soundtrack despite it originally being released in 1996.
Well that was weird. Let’s just say that the unplanned blogging intermission is over and now we can go back to our regularly scheduled program! Life has been crazy busy lately but lots of work is better than no work, right? I can’t wait to share some of the projects I’ve been working on lately! These small breaks from blogging may happen sporadically but I promise that I’m never gone for long. Till next time!
XO, Billie Denise
I didn’t forget about you Wednesday! Fall is officially here this week and it’s starting to show in my wardrobe. My Spring/Summer clothes are flowy, feminine and very very bright. My Fall/Winter wardrobe basically consist of one color: black (with some gray, brown and army green thrown in sometimes.) I’m trying to get better at introducing some color but it’s hard to stay away from black for too long. This was the perfect transition into Fall outfit. My maki skirt was one that I wore all through summer, and I’m happy it can continue to make an appearance as the days get colder. I’m also a little obsessed with that vest. I’m excited to play around with it and incorporate it with some new pieces! Linking up with Lindsey & Lauren today, and as always thank you to Simply Swift for taking these great photos.
XO, Billie Denise
*All Photography by Simply Swift.