If you haven’t already, hop over to Pinterest and take a peek at what i’m pinning lately. My wardrobe has officially made the transition from Summer to Fall and like every time this year I need some help getting back into the swing of things. Rediscovering old sweaters, finding my worn boots, I have to re-learn how all of these pieces fit together (and what new things I can add to my collection!) My Style File for “Fall/Winter” is always a helpful place to find cool weather inspiration. Check out some of my favorite styles!
1. I have tendency to let black rule my wardrobe this time of year. I have to remind myself that color doesn’t need to hibernate during the winter months. Hello, red blazer! I love the double layering of the polka dots and the perfect year round nude pumps.
2. Oooh, OLIVE! Great for scarves, pants, jackets, nail polish & more – It’s one of my favorite Fall colors. Heeled boots make this a more polished look and I love the look of her suede crossbody bag.
3. For me this is the classic fall outfit: Black leather jacket paired with a feminine bag, stripes (of course!) and leopard flats. It’s such an easy & effortlessly cool look. *applause*
1. Floor length cardigans. So luxurious and cozy. Make sure to dress up the rest of your outfit if you try this style, flats and tights might make this look more like sleepwear than Fall wear.
2. I struggle with vests. For me they’re hard to style. This look however looks casual and cozy. Also, I’m in love with the idea of burgundy booties. I think i may need to find my own pair this season.
3. Fall hats are an easy way to make a casual look become more trendy. Brown suede booties are a must-have for every closet and cozy cardigans are always welcome.
1. Light neutrals make this look sweet, soft and feminine. I love how she roughed up her delicate white lace dress with brown lace up boots. Love.
2. Wear your summer maxis all year round with big scarves, floppy hats and perhaps a pair of leggings underneath. Love this cold weather look.
3. Gray denim can transition easily from Summer to Fall. I am always a fan of a cuffed leg and layering a button-up under a pullover sweater is always a classic Fall style.
Till next time!
XO, Billie Denise